Monday 27 September 2010

Cards for Men Challenge 20

Hi all
I have had a really good weekend, Viv, and Pam have been here since Thurs... lots of chat, lots of laughs, and a little retail therapy at Ally Pally.. disapointing though. Its classed as the biggest stamp show in England... (NOT) Newbury stamp show is much bigger and lots more exhibits... even Farnborough is as big. Not a lot of bargains either. Lots of people though. but it was a trip out, but I wouldnt go again.



Cards for Men Challenge theme is autumn.. and our sponsor for this challenge is.

Crafts and me

They have lots of lovely stamps so make sure you pay them a visit.

The Prize




Cards for Men Challenge card



I cannot take all the credit for this card, as it was really designed by Viv I just coloured it in and assembled it. It is a take on a card she made at Monks Den.
The stamped image is from Papermania, and Ive coloured parts of him in promarkers, and stamped him again on patterned paper. its a great stamp with lots of possiblities. the grass and the fence were punched out using Martha Steward punches, and the little leaves are large birch leaf by Leone Em. Cardstock from stash.
If you need any inspiration for Autumn cards, check out the rest of the design team as they are a real talented bunch.

issy

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,I love owls and the layout is fab,I really like the way you have raised his eyes..
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantabulous card Issy, I thought it had a look of Viv about it. I well remember that day at Monk's Den, I think we all bought the owl stamps :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Issy, the owl is gorgeous, love the paper piecing you've done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Issy, I adore your image and the way youve coloured and layered him, those leaves are very effective. Its one fabulous card. with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Issy

    Like the crisp clean lines to your card and as I have a thing for owls love it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the inking on the leaves- so realistic! That owl is so cute and the layering and paper piecing works really well.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Issy! I say your card at Cards for men and I wnated to take a closer look at it, it´s gorgeous! love how simple and beautiful you card turned out. It´s loks clean and very pretty, love all those little details you added too. Beautiful creation! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated

hugs
issy